No Injections or Chemicals Needed - 15 Natural Anti-Aging Secrets That Work
There are several things both internal and external that cause our skin to age. Intrinsic aging is determined by our genes. It is part of the natural aging process that results in our skin becoming thinner and drier.
Extrinsic aging is aging that is caused by our environment and other factors. These factors are ones that we can influence, and by making changes we can prevent our skin from aging prematurely. 
Some of these factors that can contrite to this premature aging include:
- exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light, like sunlight
- squinting, smiling, frowning
- lack of sleep
- excessive cosmetics
- poor diet 
In this blog we will talk about 15 different adjustments that can assist in avoiding this premature aging.
Keep in mind as you read these tips that as you age, your skin naturally becomes drier and more prone to flaking. This typically begins as you reach 40.
When skin is dry, skin concerns like wrinkling, creping, sagging and flaking appear exaggerated because the skin lacks moisture.
That's why keeping your skin moisturized is important!
Here are 5 Lifestyle adjustments to prevent premature aging:
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet. Eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables may help prevent damage that leads to premature aging. A diet containing lots of sugar or other refined carbohydrates can accelerate aging.
- Limit intake of diuretics. Coffee and alcohol are diuretics that inhibit the absorption of water, making you thirstier, and your skin dryer. And as we know, dry skin leads to faster skin aging. You don’t have to cut them out completely, but enjoying them in moderation will play a major role in how fast your skin ages. A suggestion is to replace coffee with green tea as green tea is packed full of health-promoting compounds. Regularly drinking green tea can help you lose weight and reduce your risk of several diseases, including diabetes, heart disease and cancer, all of which can help give your skin a healthy glow
- Quit smoking. Substances in tobacco smoke can change the structure of your skin leading to premature aging. These substances break down collagen and elastic fibers in your skin, leading to sagging, wrinkles and a hollow, gaunt face. [reference]
- Get plenty of sleep. During sleep, your skin’s blood flow increases, and the organ rebuilds its collagen and repairs damage from UV exposure, reducing wrinkles and age spots. It’s called beauty sleep for a reason!
- Limit long, hot showers. Too much time in the sauna and hot showers causes skin to be excessively dry. This dryness is worsened if you are the type to rigorously wipe your body dry with a towel instead of patting it gently. https://navanskincare.com/blogs/news/10-surprising-habits-that-are-aging-your-skin Consider lowering the temperature and eventually work yourself down to a few minutes in the shower with the water as cold as it will go. When you become a pro- try an ice bath! These are cold-water plunges that are a form of cryotherapy, which involves using cold to treat various issues. When you get out of the cold plunge, your vessels dilate, giving your skin a glow. Because of this, Laura DeCesaris (a functional medicine expert) says it's theorized that ice baths can "reduce skin inflammation and wrinkle appearance over time.” They can help reduce inflammation and swelling, sore muscles, help your central nervous system. This can take a little bit of getting used to but it's well worth it! 
5 skincare routine adjustments to prevent premature aging:
- Avoid commercially made soaps. They contain many unnatural, harmful ingredients that can strip the oils from your skin. The FDA has stated that the majority of cleansers are actually made with synthetic detergent products.
- Cleanse your skin gently. Scrubbing your skin clean can irritate your skin. Irritating your skin accelerates skin aging. After a wash, pat dry your skin.
- Apply a facial moisturizer every day. Moisturizer traps water in our skin, giving it a more youthful appearance.
- Massage your face and neck daily. This can help to help promote blood flow, increase collagen production and prevent wrinkles from forming.
- Try Gua Sha. This is an Ancient Chinese massage practice that involves using a jade or rose quartz stone and moving it across the skin. It helps to increase circulation, help drain lymphatic drainage, tone the skin, and give an overall lift to the skin. As you glide the stone across your skin, you are de-puffing it and bringing new blood into your skin. When new blood is present, cell regeneration happens more quickly, which makes it easier for your skin to repair itself. Our body has the heart to pump the blood throughout for our circulatory system however, our lymphatic system doesn’t have a pump. So our skin needs to be manually massaged to get it moving! Many notice less puffiness and an overall face lift- it’s the cheapest face lift you’ll find.
5 natural remedies to incorporate into your skincare products:
Use products with Vitamin E. Vitamin E is called a powerhouse for protecting against skin damage that may lead to fine lines and wrinkles. It is high in antioxidants, and it affects blood circulation. A 2013 study stated that Vitamin E works as an antioxidant delaying wrinkles.
- Use moisturizers with organic tallow as the base. Tallow is believed to prevent dryness at the cellular level while being non-comedogenic meaning that it will not clog pores. It assists in protecting the skin's moisture barrier, and it also contains vitamin E, which as we learned previously is a hero for anti-aging.
- Use products that contain Aloe vera. A 2009 study suggested that taking a daily aloe vera gel supplement significantly reduced the appearance of wrinkles in just 90 days. And in a 2015 study researchers found that applying aloe gel to the skin significantly reduced the appearance of wrinkles and also added collagen and hydration. [resource]
- Use products that contain Green Tea. Green tea is rich in antioxidants known as EGCG, which which helps battle wrinkles and increases cell turnover. [2014 study]
- Use products that act as carriers for anti-aging essential oils. Here are some essential oils that may help improve the appearance of wrinkles when used in different combinations with a carrier:
Try our anti-aging collections!
We have designed our Fresh Face Cream with tallow, jojoba oil infused with rose, aloe, and lavender, as well as several drops of frankincense to combine in a face cream that is packed with anti-aging benefits and delicate for sensitive skin.
Our natural Rose Glow Serum is another anti-aging powerhouse. Rosehip oil is high in antioxidants and helps to repair cells and boost collagen all of which work to prevent fine lines and wrinkles. It also contains tamanu oil which is another anti-aging hero that reduces the appearance of age spots. To use, massage a few drops into clean skin. Apply in the morning or evening and enjoy the glow.
We also have an entire Anti-Aging kit for you with the Rose Glow Serum mentioned above, a Wild Rose toner, and a Gua Sha for you to try so you too can benefit from that natural face lift. It all comes in a complimentary eco-friendly Pretty farm girl travel pouch.